A couple discover how not expressing their true feelings can transform their marriage from being a "gazebo", where love once freely blew through, to a suffocating "prison" ~ written by Charlie Jones.
This piece is getting to me, as I continue to rehearse and run through my lines. Sitting by the bed with the mac and running through my lines, I had to put it away for a bit because it's very overwhelming. It's a very powerful piece and for some reason, this piece is speaking to me - very deep within.
The life about the gazebo where life in itself was free and now to a suffocating prison. It seems to indicate me. And I knew from last night's rehearsals when my eyes welled up, rather too early of a stage to feel so but it just overwhelmed me. This particular line hit the nerve:
Jim, are you really so self-sufficient that you don't need anybody anymore?
It really triggers a string of my internal emotions and I've been brooding about it. Fellow INFJs would understand but now I'm stuck with the brooding and I'm trying to shake it off but I can't. I can imagine Jim bottling up for so many years, kept it so well contained and let the self defense male ego mechanism take over and charge through life. To think when he had married Janet, they were filled with love for one another. The closure remained beautiful - a coming together of acceptance and assurance, and to see this piece in its full bloom would definitely be a poignant remembrance. I'm praying that we'll deliver.
Sigh, my mind is so scattered right now. It's been such a full blown Monday and Tuesday. I just can't believe some of things that are happening. But I promise self to put it all behind me and charge forward tomorrow. Truly, the emotional mind overpower the intellectual mind - managing expectations may well lead this tandem.
INFJ INFJ INFJ...why are you people so emo!
Life is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel - Horace Walpole

0 Responses to “Word Picture”
Post a Comment